Herbology Herbal Pain Tincture for inflammation and chronic pain, back & neck pain, muscle aches, menstrual cramps & osteoarthritis.
Pain is an unpleasant sensory and emotional experience in many diseases and is often caused by intense or damaging stimuli. Pain negatively affects the quality of life and increases high health expenditures. Drugs with analgesic properties are commonly used to relieve pain, but these Western medications could be overwhelmed by side effects including tolerance and addiction.
While there are alternatives to conventional pain medication, one of the most popular natural pain treatment option is herbal remedies. Below is a list of different herbs that are commonly used to treat pain:
- Capsaicin: derived from hot chilli peppers, used topically, works by depleting “substance P” which is a compound that conveys the pain sensation from the peripheral to the central nervous system
- Ginger: contains phytochemicals that help stop inflammation
- Feverfew: has been used for centuries to treat headaches, stomachaches, and toothaches
- Turmeric: a spice that is used to relieve arthritis pain and heartburn, and reduces inflammation. It contains the active ingredient, curcumin, which is an antioxidant
- Ginseng: used for fibromyalgia
- Saint John’s Wort: sciatica, arthritis, and neuropathic pain
- Cloves: contains the active ingredient, eugenol, which is a natural pain reliever often used in over the counter topical pain treatments.
The majority of these herbs are consumed in a tea, tincture, or in their dried form. Furthermore, some herbs can also be made into topical remedies. For example, many athletes, or people who suffer from muscle pain might use an arnica cream to topically treat their pain. Arnica is a perennial yellow-orange flower that grows in the mountains of Europe and Siberia. The flower is made into creams and ointments to treat muscle soreness and aches, bruising joint pain and swelling, and inflammation (Healthline, 2017).
Herbal medicines may provide alternative measures for pain management. This Pain Tincture will reduce inflammation, relieve acute and chronic pain, including headache, back and neck pain, muscle aches, and menstrual cramps.
Suitable for osteoarthritis, and migraines. The combination of these herbs with the addition of CBD is a match made in heaven, where pain can be a thing of the past.